Wednesday, July 18, 2018

It's Been a While


OK, I have to admit that I have not been the best at blogging, either now or ever.  Funny thing about being an artist and running your own business - there is not enough time and there are too many things to do.  Sometimes the things that are the most fun take a back seat when there is too much work to do.  But I'll blog once more, if only every month or so.  Because in the end the painting is what really takes up my time.  But I love to share my work. And that's a good thing.
It's been a busy season of new work and commissions.  I have had some delightful clients and really wonderful projects to work on these past few months.

 Portrait of family home - Jacksonville FL
14"x20"
commissioned watercolor by Krys Pettit
So grateful for these wonderful and happy clients!
I had the wonderful experience of creating this home portrait for a delightful couple in Jacksonville, Florida.  We worked via email sending images and discussing custom touches to the client's portrait.  With emails, phone calls, texting and messaging it's a snap to create a portrait like this long distance and still have a painting that the client loves.


"Wedding Bouquet Portrait"
20"x16"
commissioned watercolor by Krys Pettit 

 I love painting florals but I rarely have the opportunity to actually work on a wedding bouquet. But I had a nice opportunity to do a painting of a dear friend's wedding bouquet.  The wedding was some years ago but we discussed using the flowers from her bouquet and showing them in a still life setting with a vase.  I was so excited to see my work framed and hanging in her home, many miles away from my studio.


"Love"
24"x18"
commissioned watercolor by Krys Pettit
Most of my commissions are homes, landscapes and florals.  When a client approached me about creating a custom painting with figures in it I was a bit concerned that I would not do the subject matter justice.  The piece required a back shot of the couple walking to the dock by their Florida home at sunset.  I only had a photo of them from the front in a totally different setting so it took a little practice to imagine what they would look like from the back!  My client had faith in me and I am very pleased to say he and his friends loved the final product.

In between painting commissions and my own work I have put together some videos on YouTube.  My original line of work was in the video field.  I love video and oddly have waited this long to use it for the presentation and marketing of my own work.  More to come -- it was fun to do these video slide shows.  Click on the YouTube links below -- they are short and give you and quick overview of some of the subjects I paint.

Krys Pettit - Home & Building Portraits

Krys Pettit - A Sampling of Summer Florals

Thanks to all of you for reading, liking and following me!  I am looking forward to creating more blogs with new art in the coming months.  Visit my website at https://www.kryspettit.com

No comments:

Post a Comment