Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Anything But This

"Shell Ginger"
Krys Pettit
Work in Progress
Watercolor
My daily routine is stress free but I find it requires more dedication than some realize.  Getting yourself into the studio every week day for 3-6 hours sounds like heaven but every once in a while you find yourself, well, blocked.  Tapped out. Not motivated.  Emptied.  Uninspired. Wanting to sit all day and watch an NCIS marathon on Netflix.  Clean out your kitchen cabinets.  Do multiple loads of laundry.  ANYTHING except paint.
I work in regularly in two mediums, watercolor and oil, three if you count the sketching and drawing I attempt to do on a weekly basis.  I work in my home studio so I can pretty much have everything set to go with little or no reorganization. But there are days I don't like, almost dread, going back there. It's certainly not a lack of inspiration and I try to not ponder the deep, dark meanings of why this occurs.
I like to think that the greats, like Michelangelo, DaVinci, Rembrandt, Rubens, Monet, Van Gogh, Turner, even the Wyeth clan, had down days. And can you burn out on being too creative, producing too much work, being pulled into too many creative directions?
So maybe a bit of binge watching and snacking on Cheetos is in order.
I'll let you know when my next inspiration hits -- it'll probably be tomorrow.
Visit my website below.  Send me an email if you have some ideas that will inspire me -- I'm always open to reasonable suggestions!
Krys Pettit Original Artwork

No comments:

Post a Comment