Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Too Many Images Too Little Time

"Tools of The Trade"
iPhone Photo
Krys Pettit

Someone asked me what I like to paint.  I thought it easier to reply with what I DON'T like to paint. Because there are so many images, so many stories to tell with a brush that I don't feel I can express with words.

I've run the gamut of still life, florals, street scenes, landscapes, figurative, portrait, architectural detail. I've captured the steamy south, the clear and crisp southwest, the freezing and snowy north. Big cities, small towns, unknown roads to unknown destinations. I've painted oceans, lakes, skies, canyons, red rocks, fields, oranges, peppers, plums, geraniums, irises (no never a rose), old houses, new houses, windows, doors, fences, full figures, naked figures, and only faces.  Never an animal. Can't seem to capture those in my art. I've used watercolor, oil, crayon, charcoal, pastel, graphite, color pencil, pen and ink and at times a little spit and a thumbprint.

If someone looked at my body of work once I pass they would say, "She's all over the place.  Doesn't even look like its by the same artist."  And I say, good.  Let's just keep it that way.

For more of my work visit my web site at: https://www.kryspettit.com/
Or if you prefer follow me on Facebook and Instagram.  There is always something new and fresh posted there.  And no two are ever the same if I can help it.
Krys Pettit Original Artwork Facebook
kryspettitartwork

No comments:

Post a Comment