Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Krys Pettit Artist - Studio Notes Fall 2018



"Three Together" © Krys Pettit-watercolor on paper, 12"Hx9"W


"Autumn At Home" © Krys Pettit-acrylic on canvas, 16"H x 12"W

My Color Palette and Seasonal Changes

I count the days when the sultry months end. Summer has its  perks - flowers, the beach, travel, glorious sunsets. All make for great paintings but I need change.   Most of my work is based on time passing with the seasons and nature's adjustments and I anxiously await the months to come.  Autumn has always provided boundless inspiration. I look forward to the cooler temperatures, the onset of the holiday season, but most of all the intense and glorious Fall colors. Gold, bronze, burgundy, russet against blue skies- seeing these colors always moves me.
Recent Commissioned Work 



I had the exceptional pleasure of creating this custom commission of a family home in Jacksonville, Florida. I couldn't ask for nicer clients and we worked together long distance as a team via email, text & phone to bring to life a portrait of their beautiful family home. Click here to see more commissioned home portraits I have had the pleasure of creating: https://www.kryspettit.com/commissioned-work-1.html



MY LATEST EXHIBITS

"Early Morning Meeting" was chosen to be part of the "Top Choice" juried exhibit at the SoBoGallery in Winter Garden, Florida. 



"Early Morning Meeting"
© Krys Pettit
 watercolor
14"H x 20"W
 "Market Day" was part of the "Figuratively Speaking" exhibit this summer at the Art League of Daytona.
"Market Day"
© Krys Pettit,
watercolor
16"H x 12"W

Website Updates

I have been making adjustments and additions to my website.  I've added some photos of me traveling and at work, stories about my art and why I paint, links to my blog and the various ways to reach out to me on social media on my "Contact" page. Come visit me soon! 










No comments:

Post a Comment