Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Ancient Oak Tree On The Easel

I am currently working on another oil of one of these majestic live oaks found along the coastal islands in the south.

Working on trees is like doing a portrait. You get to know the individual personalty of the subject, the wrinkles it has acquired during it's life time, the limbs that are strong and supportive, the more frail and aged branches. 

While still in progress I can see where the addition of Spanish moss will add to the feeling of a proud, ancient sentinel in a southern landscape.

More to come when it is done -- for now I have a few shots of the progress to share.







You can find my work at the delightful fine artisan gallery, Wild Oats and Billy Goats, in Decatur GA.
Take a look at my website for more of my work:
For continual updates on works in progress and what inspires me, follow me on Instagram:


No comments:

Post a Comment