Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Krys Pettit the Website




I like images and that is what I do for a living -- I make images using paint, pencil, paper, canvas. Tools that are tactile.  So creating a website is a bit daunting at times.  I can never decide how many images to put in there because, well, I think most of them really do tell the story of me.  Deciding on 15, 20, or even 50 images is very difficult.  The writing comes easier -- my words are not as creative as my artwork and it seems easier to tell my story with paints than with vowels and consanents.  It's the 80% part of time I need to spend on marketing.  In reality it is only a slim 20% of time I truly devote to creating my art.
If I am the working artist I strive to be and true to my craft, the image file continues to grow as my art grows and develops.  I need to switch out images, share fresh image on my site as well as my postings on Facebook, Instagram, Pininterest and Twitter to what I hope are interested followers.  There are the updates to the exhibits each year.  If I am lucky and blessed, I can add an award.
I've nurtured this web site for about a year now and recently updated it with some fresh work, showing my attempts at oil paintings.  I've listed my two most recent exhibits and also shared my art memberships and affiliations. And of course the most recent blog entry has a special place under "My Story."
The more I do this the more I realize that this web site is just like my art work in progress -- a constant evolution.  Just trying to keep it simple is as challenging as keeping the composition of my paintings simple. And taking the time to do it is tough even with the 80/20 standard -- which is it -- marketing or being creative (please, can it be both??).
Take a moment and visit my website and take a look at some of the most recent additions to this evolving part of my art business.  Thanks.
Krys Pettit Original Artwork

No comments:

Post a Comment