Wednesday, November 15, 2017

The Human Touch


I have been painting for over over 24 years.  My subject matter to date has been pretty common -- landscapes, florals, a few fruits and vegetables, and many images of buildings and architectural detail.  But sadly lacking from my portfolio are images of people.  Something felt missing from my work.  I think it is a human presence, the attempt to capture a moment in a person's day and interpret it into something more lovely, and impart a certain grace to the way a person moves and goes about their day.




 Capturing the human figure is a challenge.  It is not something I have just started doing -- many sketch sessions and drawing classes have made the journey a bit easier.  And I find it is more than just  capturing the body.  There is the essence of the person that you need to know how to incorporate in the most perfect of figurative art.  Otherwise you find it is, well, boring.

After over two decades I am feeling a bit more confident about adding a human touch to my work.  I hope you find my new direction enjoyable.

For more of my work visit my website:  Krys Pettit - Artist






No comments:

Post a Comment