Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Autumn Trees and Abstract Strokes



I have always enjoyed the abstract quality of working with watercolor. Putting down the colors  and letting them mix randomly on paper is what I love best.
However, working in oil presents a bigger challenge because you have to apply the paint more directly than with a watercolor medium. 
I had some luck with this small oil painting of an autumn tree. Lots of paint, mixing on the canvas and random brushstrokes gave me more of an abstract quality with just enough impressionism to satisfy me.
Below is the finished 10" x 8" oil painting of one of my favorite autumn trees.


"Finally Fall"
Krys Pettit
Oil on canvas panel, 10"H x 8"W


Visit my website for a sampling of my work and custom house portraiture:

Wild Oats and Billy Goats is a great, eclectic fine art and craft gallery in Decatur, GA and I am thrilled be a part of their tribe:

Etsy is a great marketplace for fine art and craft and I have had my store there for a number of years.  You'll find prints and my medium-sized oils, acrylic and watercolors.

Looking for art to fill your home and within budget?  I regularly put out studies, smaller works, and older pieces for auction at my eBay store.  It's fun to bid and win and I keep the work varied and fresh:



No comments:

Post a Comment