Wednesday, April 19, 2017

The Color Pink - What the Heck?










I was attempting to find a common thread in my work, other than subject matter.  Color came next. Now let me just say I am not a big fan of pink for my wardrobe or decor. Never was.  But for some reason I use it a lot in my art.  Maybe it's the tropical climate I live in, maybe its because one of my favorite colors of pink on my palette is called Opera by Holbein Paints.  Which I found out refers to the color of the inside of the cape opera singers wore years ago (don't bet the farm on this explanation).
Whatever reason pink is everywhere and considering it is spring, it may be a fitting color for now.
I think the next round of color group will be purple and magenta -- how regal for me!
Visit my website for a peek of my other favorite colors in my paintings.
Krys Pettit - Artist

No comments:

Post a Comment